Cardiovascular Diseases Physiotherapy Management
Cardiovascular diseases (CVD) are a group of disorders of the heart and blood vessels. They include coronary heart disease, cerebrovascular disease, rheumatic heart disease, myocardial infarctions, coronary artery diseases, and heart failure. Angioplasty and bypass surgery could also cause heart conditions. Cardiovascular disease (CVD) is a leading cause of death worldwide.
Physiotherapy plays a crucial role in managing CVD through cardiac rehabilitation programs.
These programs aim to limit CVD’s psychological and physiological stresses, reduce the risk of mortality secondary to CVD, and improve cardiovascular function to help patients achieve the highest quality of life possible.
At Opal Physio, we understand the importance of managing and preventing cardiovascular disease. Our experienced physiotherapists in Langley are committed to providing personalized care and support to help you achieve optimal heart health.
Risk Factors For Cardiovascular Disease:
Cardiovascular diseases (CVD) are some of the major causes of mortality and morbidity worldwide. The risk factors associated with CVD include smoking, obesity, diabetes mellitus, hypertension, hyperlipidemia, family history, gender, age, race, ethnicity, physical activity, diet, alcohol consumption, stress, depression, anxiety, and socioeconomic status.
Symptoms of cardiovascular conditions:
Cardiovascular conditions can cause symptoms such as chest pain, shortness of breath, fatigue, dizziness, fainting, nausea, vomiting, irregular heartbeat, and weakness. A person with cardiovascular disease may experience one or several episodes of myocardial infarction during his lifetime.
Physiotherapy for cardiovascular diseases
Physical therapy plays a vital role in preventing and managing cardiac disorders. Exercise is known to improve cardiac function and reduce the risk of heart attack. Physiotherapy helps patients recover from surgery, trauma and prevent complications such as pulmonary embolism, deep vein thrombosis, and bed sores.
Benefits of physiotherapy for cardiovascular disease
Physiotherapy for cardiovascular disease offers several benefits, including:
Improved overall cardiac function and capacity
Halted or reversed the progression of atherosclerotic disease
Increased patient self-confidence through gradual conditioning
Reduced length of hospital stay and number of cardiovascular-related admissions
Improved quality of life
Physiotherapy for cardiovascular disease typically involves a combination of aerobic, strength, and stretching exercises. Some common exercises and activities include:
- Aerobic conditioning activities such as running, stationary bikes and walking.
- Resistance strength training exercises.
- A gradual introduction of physical activity to mitigate risks for sedentary individuals.
- Walking programs to lower cardiovascular disease risks.
Physiotherapy techniques for cardiovascular disease management may vary depending on the patient’s condition and abilities. Some common techniques include:
- Stretch and strengthening exercises to help patients regain strength and coordination.
- Exercise programs are designed to improve heart performance, blood flow, and overall heart muscle strength.
- Tailored exercises based on recommendations from heart specialists and doctors.
They also help you prevent future events by educating patients about lifestyle changes such as quitting smoking, controlling weight, limiting salt intake, avoiding excessive alcohol intake, increasing regular moderate physical activities, and maintaining proper nutrition.
Our cardiovascular disease rehabilitation program in Langley includes the following:
- Comprehensive assessment and personalized treatment plan.
- Aerobic conditioning activities to improve cardiovascular function.
- Resistance strength training exercises to build muscle strength.
- A gradual introduction of physical activity for sedentary individuals.
- Ongoing support and guidance to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Why choose us?
- We provide evidence-based treatment approaches to ensure optimal outcomes.
- State-of-the-art facilities and equipment to support your rehabilitation journey.
- Convenient appointment scheduling and flexible hours to accommodate your needs.
- A strong commitment to helping you achieve your heart health goals.
Take the first step towards a healthier heart!
Don’t let cardiovascular disease hold you back from living your best life. Contact us today to schedule an appointment with one of our skilled physiotherapists and start your journey toward better heart health.
We look forward to helping you achieve a healthier, happier heart!