Pelvic Floor Disorders Physiotherapy Treatment
If you’re experiencing pelvic floor disorders, physiotherapy can be an effective treatment option. Physical therapy not only alleviates the symptoms of various pelvic floor disorders but also helps prevent them from recurring. At Opal Physiotherapy, we’re committed to providing the best physiotherapy services in the Lower Mainland and Fraser Valley Region of BC.
Our team of experienced and qualified physiotherapists is well-equipped to treat a wide range of pelvic floor disorders. Our primary aim is to help our patients improve their symptoms and return to their normal activities as quickly as possible. We also focus on educating our patients on how to exercise correctly and safely to prevent recurrence of their condition.
If you’re looking for a reliable physiotherapy clinic for your pelvic condition, look no further than Opal Physiotherapy. Contact us today to schedule an appointment with one of our expert physiotherapists.
Various Pelvic Floor Disorders Treated By Our Pelvic Therapist Include
Physiotherapy treatments for pelvic floor disorders:
Physiotherapy treatments for pelvic floor disorders can vary depending on the specific condition. However, some common treatments that may be used for pelvic disorders include
- Pelvic floor muscle training –This can be done through various exercises and techniques, such as pelvic floor muscle exercises, Kegel exercises, and electrical stimulation.
- Electrical stimulation –This involves using electrical currents to stimulate the muscles in the pelvic floor. This can help to improve muscle strength and function.
- Manual therapy – This involves using massage and other manual techniques to help improve muscle function and flexibility. That includes soft tissue release, myofascial mobilization and joint mobilization.
- Modalities – Like Laser therapy and ultrasound help stimulate the muscles and tissues in the pelvis, which can help reduce pain and inflammation.
We also offer a range of other services for pelvic floor disorders such as:
- Education and advice on pelvic health
- Continence advice
- Pre and postpartum advice
- Advice on sexual health
- Exercise prescription
- Pain management
If you are suffering from any symptoms of a pelvic condition or if you are worried about your pelvic health, please do not hesitate to contact us. We will be able to offer you consultation with one of our pelvic floor physiotherapist, during which we will assess your condition and advise you on the best course of treatment.